Thursday, March 29, 2012

Prayers of Children

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14.

The students from North Heights Christian Academy have come to pray this morning. They have come in shifts, and have utilized all the different prayer stations. One of the younger grades was here praying, and I saw one little boy sitting by the "Lego Prayer" station. This is a station where the children take a Lego block, pray for someone in their life who doesn't know Jesus to come to know Him, and then they put their Lego on the building. Soon there is an entire Lego building built off of prayers for the lost to be saved!!! I saw this little boy sitting there and I wondered if he was just building or if he was actually praying...I'm embarrassed at my doubt in him because only a moment later did I watch him put a block on the building and immediately fold his hands and bow his head. I was touched. One more will enter the kingdom of heaven because of this little one's prayer. Prayers of a child are truly a beautiful thing...they are full of love, hope, and faith!

I also spent some time at the white board full of sticky note prayers, newspaper clippings, and other prayers. As I was standing before the board the weight of the Spirit was upon me. There is so much power in the name of Jesus, and all of these prayers have been and will be prayed in His Glorious name. My eyes landed on a list of Sun Stand Still prayers blogged by Converge High School students. As I continued to read, the Holy Spirit burned inside of me. I found myself being moved into intercession over each of the prayers these students had written, and by the end I found myself in tears. God is hearing every prayer, and He's answering them.

I learned something last night that I would like to end with...If God always worked in our timing we would start to have faith in the power of our prayers and not in the power of Jesus. James 5:16 writes, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."...because it's backed by the POWER of Jesus. Halleluiah!

Bless you,
Liz Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful Liz. Tears came into my eyes when I read the blog post. I love this.
    -Amy Soba

    ReplyDelete